Hampton on Next Season and Coat Drive

TownBizness

ESPN Chicago recently caught up with Prague's forward, and Chicago's own, Fred Hampton at a quick off-season charity event in his local neighborhood.  Here's what he had to say about this last season and the upcoming one:

"Last season we were solid.  Really good.  Although we had a little slide towards the end, I think we were all generally satisfied with the direction of the team.  Individually, I was able to put together my best professional season so far.  I scored a career high 40 goals and always was able to chip in with a career high of 58 assists.  I would've loved to hit 100 points total, but I ultimately feel a little short.  My plus-minus was up as well, so obviously trying to d whatever I can to help the team.  Hopefully we can build on last season and be even better in this upcoming season."

On the day's event:

"Right now just trying to gather as many coats and socks as we can for the upcoming winter in Chicago.  It's better to get ahead of those needs now than to wait for the actual winter to hit.  So many people and kids in Chicago need coats and sock every year, so just trying to give back when I can.  Every little bit helps."