London United Press Conference

JCarson

There has been a number of conversations about recruitment this week so I am going to ask a few questions about your experience joining the league.

1) How were you introduced to the VHL?

2) What has made you stay in the VHL?

3) Have you ever introduced the VHL to anyone else, why, why not?

4) Have you ever thought about leaving the VHL, why, why not?

5) Once your player retires will you recreate, why, why not?

6) Do you know anyone who you think would enjoy the VHL, would you invite them, why , why not?

1 hour ago, JCarson said:

There has been a number of conversations about recruitment this week so I am going to ask a few questions about your experience joining the league.

6) Do you know anyone who you think would enjoy the VHL, would you invite them, why , why not?

1. Through a post on the Pittsburgh Penguins subreddit. I actually read it over, decided it wasn't for me, and then a week or so later I went back to find it because I actually was interested.

2. I've stayed for the creative outlet and for the people I've met. But what initially made me stay was Shindigs.

3. Yes. @RElblein is in a tax pros discord that I made and he was interested. I've tried others but no other bites.

4. Not really. I've thought about going clicker for a bit when things get rough in life but not fully walk away.

5. For sure. I've already got my next player named. Just can't decide if I want to go goalie again or try defense.

6. Yea but I haven't really had the chance to tell them about it. I doubt they would do it but just seems like it could be their thing.

2 hours ago, JCarson said:

1.  An autoplay YouTube ad!  There was an update to my browser that turned autoplay back on for YouTube and after my video ended, I came back from the bathroom to see a guy talking about the VHL.  I browsed the forums for awhile to see what was up then after not coming across too much nonsense I joined.

2.  Seeing what others create on the forums and a few of my member interactions that have stuck plus my teammates.  I couldn't abandon them!  It is also a great way to practice my artistic skills as well.

3.  I introduced my wife and she is a max earner!  She took to the community quite quickly and though she isn't a big hockey fan, she enjoys it.

4.  I actually haven't yet lol Thought about what not max earning would be like simply to spend the time I want on larger VHL projects.  Trying to raise the quality bar is hard in a week.

5.  I likely will but it will be after a break.  If after the break I feel ready to earn again I will.  Probably stay the AGM in Helsinki as Sam dictates when I leave.

6.  If I knew anyone who would, I would invite them.  My friends are on either side of the spectrum.  Either like sports but aren't this kind of nerdy about it or like things like this but don't care about sports at all.  I've always bridged that gap.  Most of them wouldn't care to deal with most of the community at large lol