The next rendition of Simon WTF

JCarson

Simon WTF. 

My VHL articles have been a running conversation about the strange things our simulation software does that sometimes we don’t understand. This week’s topic is the overall standings. If you live in a shoe box somewhere and haven’t been paying attention to the overall standing well this article won’t make any sense to you. For the rest of us who I can only suggest are active in the league, you will understand as much as I do that the European conference is by far stronger than the North American conference. But this article isn’t about the lop-sided strength of the league as that tends to happen every year. 

No, this article is about the completely lopsided win loss records and the fact that the North American conference doesn’t, for the most part, deserve to get to the playoffs. If you were to place all the teams in the league sorted by points earned and you picked the top 10 teams you would get the following: 

Team 

GP 

W 

L 

OTL 

P 

A quick review will show you that 6 of the 10 are in the European conference and that all 6 of those teams are in the top portion of the standings. Only Los Angeles appears in the top 7 in the league. Now I will give the fact that the last 2 teams in the EU are without argument the worst 2 teams in the league but that doesn’t explain why the EU teams are doing so well. It must be that the EU is taking most inter conference games so far. 

We will see how this turns out but for now I will once again exclaim Simon WTF.