Offseason Training - Raimo Tuominen

SlapshotWrangler

TAMPERE - Offseason time and Raimo is hard at work back at home making sure he is ready for the next season. This season saw Raimo stumble out of the gate and inevitably have an underwhelming season. With 8 goals and 25 assists for a combined 33 points, he is determined to make sure that comes back and produces at the VHL level.

“It was an exciting season… but it is one I will have to grow from. I’ve made it to the top league; it’s up to me to make sure I stay there.”

Raimo has joined in on some Tappara practices while he waits for his second VHL season to begin. Obviously, he doesn’t go to every practice in order to respect their need for practice but he has made a point of staying active and not growing cold over the off-season. That’s the last thing he needs right now.

“I’ll be here in Tampere for a good while to visit but I’ll be back in Calgary soon enough to get some more work in. I’m visiting my parents, friends, and other family members. I don’t want to overwork myself but I do want to be better come next season. That’s the goal.”