Kirby Mini Rambles: Certified Depreciation Hater

kirbithan

So. . . I am currently writing this on my phone on New Year’s Eve, which kinda sums up how hectic these past few weeks have been for me, but please bear with me!

Lachlan just had his first experience with depreciation this offseason and I can’t say I’m pleased, especially as a first gen. Not that I dislike depreciation as a concept as it does a great job balancing out the league and the latter seasons in a player’s career. But I do mourn the hard-earned TPE that I lost, and this is only the first of four seasons. Technically, I should be able to bank enough TPE with uncapped opportunities and then purchasing fighters, which is a relief. The thought of my player getting worse honestly rattles me, ‘tis but a simple cycle in a player’s career and everyone is in the same boat, at least.

With that being said, Lachlan lost 136 TPE, but I was able to save his HS attribute with a Jagr purchase. This means I’m a few seasons away from recreating, though, which is a daunting prospect (no pun intended) in itself! I’ve had the name and render for my next player in mind for a little close to a year now and while I’m excited, it’ll be bittersweet having to see my dear Aussie netminder hang up his skates.

Alongside the outstanding career he’s had, Lachlan is well on his way to being a solid HOF candidate alongside his good friend Jesse Teno, which is one of the coolest things ever, hands down! First gen goalers unite. Hopefully I can continue earning consistently enough to fight off old age! 

Thank you again for joining me for another edition of Kirby Mini Rambles. Happy New Year, everyone! 

Edited by kirbithan