5 Season Extension - Raimo Tuominen

CALGARY - When he was drafted, Raimo Tuominen was visibly excited to be chosen by a VHL franchise. Walking onto the stage, he received his Wranglers jersey. He remembers holding it and staring at the logo that he was looking forward to wearing. After one season in the VHLE, he finally got his chance to wear the jersey he once held at the draft. He is looking to continue to have a great career in that jersey.

So when Raimo was offered a 5 year extension taking him to the end of Season 97, he said yes immediately. It was not a question for him. He would love nothing more than to stay in the city and play for the franchise that took a chance on him.

“I want to spend my entire career in this jersey if possible. I don’t know what my future holds but I want to push hard and play the best I can so that I can remain a part of this awesome organization and team for as long as possible.”

The 5 season extension will begin after this upcoming season. Raimo has a chance to prove himself before the contract kicks in.