Season 92 Simon WTF

JCarson

I did an article series at one point, not too long ago, titled Simon WTF. It looked at things that went on during simulations that didn’t quite make sense. I am going to bring back that series for one more edition. 

Currently Molly the Cat has played 22 games and has 24 points, 9 goals and 15 assists. What would be considered a good start by many players. The issue I have is that Molly the Cat scored all but one of those points within the first 15. You read that correctly, Molly the Cat had 9 goals and 14 assists in the first 15 games and then has gone 0 goals and 1 assist in the next 7 games. 

To emphasize just how odd this is I want to note that Molly the Cat has had no line changes during that time. And no major game implications. 

Game 130 against Calgary, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 4 shots and played 32:25. 

Game 142 against Chicago, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 11 shots and played 30:18, recording 1 assist 

Game 146 against Helsinki, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 7 shots and played 32:33 

Game 154 against Toronto, Molly the Cat had 2PM, 5 shots and played 28:49 

Game 161 against New York, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 7 shots and played 30:22 

Game 173 against Chicago, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 7 shots and played 30:48 

Game 178 against Toronto, Molly the Cat had 0PM, 6 shots and played 29:41 

So, I am calling Simon out, WTF Simon, without any change in play, time on ice, shooting, Penalty minutes, How, does an elite level player change so drastically. Simon what voodoo are you using to SIM these games. Simon WTF.