CGY Janser exploring the neighbourhood

It is a sunny February day in New York, and the Americans have a R+R day. French (Francesco Mancini) has promised to take Rin and Cal to one of his favourite authentic Italian ristorante. He arrived with a stereotypical southern European delay of fifteen minutes. Kagamine and Janser were a little upset as in both cultures they grew up in emphasizes punctuality. Alas, one cannot be cross with charming and jovial Mancini and when he apologized for the delay in his flowery and wordy way, all was forgiven. It was interesting to observe that the trio was greeted by everyone in the street, but especially by small businessmen and -women, who often times offered a freebie from their stores.

Callum overheard that French was often addressed as 'padrino' with a certain level of devotion. So he asked his team mate: 'Francesco, are these friendly people relatives of yours?' Mancini responded enigmatically: 'In a manner of speaking, yes.' but refused to elaborate further.

They finally arrived at their destination 'Da nonno'. The owner was an elderly gentleman, who either never learned English or refused to speak it in his own ristorante. Cal ordered some bruschette for starters and spaghetti vongole as the main dish, followed by a home made tiramisu. Rin went for fritto misto as a the first course, but made the cardinal error to ask for a pizza Hawai'i as a main. The friendly landlord turned a deep purple, assuming the colour of beet root and started to yell obscenities at the Nagasaki native. It took all of Cal's and Francesco's patience and negotiation skills (including offering tickets to the next home ice game) that she was not thrown out of the restaurant. The Japanese defender was clearly embarassed and apologized profoundly to the insulted padrone. 'I did not mean no harm, sir. Of course I will change my order. Can I have the ossobucco con polenta, please?'. Apparently the revised order got the temperamental Sicilian's approval.

After the meal was finished and the gang took an espresso, Rin and Cal understood why French recommended this restaurant, as the food was exquisite. They will have a story to tell, though.

Spoiler