Regular Season Over - Raimo Tuominen

CALGARY - Raimo came into this season looking to improve. He wanted to be a more offensively present player than he was in his first season in the VHL. He did improve quite a bit, going from a paltry 8 goals to 17 goals. His point total went from 33 to 55. It was great to see improvement from the young center. However, even he felt underwhelmed.

“I came into this year trying to establish myself as a force on the team. My offense is still very limited and I am still looking for that consistency. I had a really hot start to the season and I couldn’t carry it or bring it back. So, definitely high points, definitely low points, overall I still have a long way to go before I can say that I’m confident with my play.”

Being a part of a stacked Wranglers team has had its perks, including learning everything he could from the veterans. Plus, playing a depth role, Raimo does not have to worry about his lack of production severely hurting the team. Besides, he has meshed well with his linemates and the entire roster as a whole has been one of the better in the VHL.

“Now it’s the playoffs and it’s basically a whole new season. Nothing from the regular season matters. We have to start again and fight.”