CGY Janser goes shopping

Callum went to the local Wal-Mart for some grocery shopping. When he was in queue at the tiller, he noticed that there was an argument on the head of the line. He walked up to the elderly man, who was clearly embarassed that his card was rejected by the card reader and was frantically trying to find enough cash to settle the tally. People in the queue got upset and started complaining. The 'Beauty' saw the tatoo on the guys lower arm. 'Thank you for your service, sir. What seems to be the problem?'

'Apparently, my pension has not come in yet and I had unexpected expenses which kind of let me short on cash. How did you know I served?'

Cal-Gary replied: 'You have the emblem of the 75th Rangers with their motto 'sua sponte' tatooed on your right arm, sir. And from the dates underneath it, I take it you were deployed to 'Nam.' Then he turned to the shop assistant: 'Ma'am, I would like to foot this veteran's bill.' He reverted to the old timer: 'Sir, if there is anything else you wish to purchase, I am happy to pay for these items as well.'

The war vet was close to tears: 'Son, you do not have to do that. Give me at least your details, so I can pay you back.'

'Sir, I do this because I want to. And you have paid forward many times already, when you put your live on the line for your country.'

'I do recognize you now, you play for the Americans, do you not?'

'Yessir and proud of it, too.'

'Thanks then. God bless you, son.'

'Thank you, sir.'

4/5 uncapped