C.G.Y. Janser pays a visit to his uncles

Posted (edited)

Callum drives in vintage Landrover down the coastal road from Kilmarnock to Ayr. He needs to pay attention to stay on the right side of the road, which in Britain is of course the left one. He is going to visit his maternal grandfather Adam, as well as his uncles Angus, Fergus and Callum (after which he was named). And maybe, but only maybe, he is hoping to meet Eilidh one of his many cousins. He knows her since he could walk and spent many a summer playing hide and seek with her on the Ferguson family estate. He has not seen her in a while, as he was busy with the army, studies and being a professional hockey player.

When he rolls up on his granda's driveway, he is first greeted by Duncan, a fearsome Irish Wolfhound, who is given free roam of the castle, so to speak. Luckily for Cal, the trusty protector recognizes him and greets him with a thorough wash of his face. The Swiss giant laughs and pushes the affectionate dog away.

'Is someone home, Duncan?', he asks.

'Just, lil' ol' me', he hears a semi-familiar voice.

'Is this you, Eilidh? You have grown a lot since I last saw you.'

'Aye, I got tits now.'

Callum blushes and retorts: 'That is not what I meant.'

'I am just winding you up, you big oaf. Welcome home. Adam is in town for some paperwork, and the 'Tightfisted Three' are in Paisley, getting their threadbare kilts replaced.'

'I almost forgot that we call my uncles that name. It must almost kill them to spend a few pounds to be presentable for the next Highland games.'

'Aye, they were not happy fellows. Come in already. You care for a drink?'

'Yeah, I could drink some Whiskey, Eilidh. And you will join me and bring me up to speed what is going on in your life.'

'Aye, I will and you will tell me your tale as well.'

'That sounds fair. It is really good to see you again, cousin.'

300+ words, claiming 1/5 uncapped only.

Edited by Daniel Janser