Kirby Mini Rambles: I Might Actually Cry

It’s already S94 and I feel like I still can’t believe that Lachlan’s journey in the VHL is going to come to a close at the end of the season. It feels surreal in a way, that I started out this career as a clueless first gen who wasn’t even sure if I was going to max earn or how involved I was actually going to be in the league— to growing a goaltender who’s become a household name and future Hall of Famer. I’m getting a little emotional thinking that this is it, once the trade deadline hits, I’m going to press that retire player button and have to start over again. On one hand, it’s extremely daunting to know I’ll finally have my first taste of the hybrid attributes with a skater, but on the other, I’m so excited to see what my next player will bring. Either way, it’ll be bittersweet and I don’t think I’ll ever be fully able to let go of Lachlan because he’s been so integral to my growth as both a member of the VHL and in a way, as a person, since creating him as led to so many opportunities here in making friends, experiencing a whole niche interest with a group of many others as nerdy as I am, and overall just stepping out of my comfort zone for once. Thank you to everyone who’s made my first go-around here in the VHL an unforgettable one and I can't wait for the next!