Mexico City Kings Press Conference Week

Press conference week ending June 16 2024.  Make sure to answer all questions in full sentences

1) Pick one person you have interacted with in this league and say something nice about them.  (Feel free to link them)

2) How often do you go to the team locker room each week?

3) How often do you go onto the VHL discord site each week?

4) How has your experience been  with earning TPE this season so far?

5) What is your biggest issue so far with earning TPE this season?

6) If the team got a pet, what type of pet should it be and what would you name it?

1) Pick one person you have interacted with in this league and say something nice about them.  (Feel free to link them)
> @AJW has been great being someone that supports you and will make the league fun

2) How often do you go to the team locker room each week?

> Multiple times a day. At least 3 times

3) How often do you go onto the VHL discord site each week?

> Multiple times a day. Maybe 15?

4) How has your experience been  with earning TPE this season so far?

> Been very easy

5) What is your biggest issue so far with earning TPE this season?

> Nothing

6) If the team got a pet, what type of pet should it be and what would you name it?

> To be king you need a Lion! And of course you got to name our Lion, the Lion King!

Week of June 23 2024

1) It is theme week, what are your thoughts on the topic?

2) If you had to pick the theme week topic for next season, what would you choose?

3) With theme week ending Sunday it is also trade deadline, what position would you target if you were Mexico's GM and why?

4) Now that we are more than half way through the season how do you feel about your players performance?

5) Tell me about your VHL experience this season, has it lived up to your expectations

6) Tell me something about yourself that I don't know?

51 minutes ago, JCarson said:

Week of June 23 2024

2) If you had to pick the theme week topic for next season, what would you choose?

3) With theme week ending Sunday it is also trade deadline, what position would you target if you were Mexico's GM and why?

4) Now that we are more than half way through the season how do you feel about your players performance?

5) Tell me about your VHL experience this season, has it lived up to your expectations

1. I am thinking of writing about how Mexico City improved this season after last season struggles. 
2. I would choose rising VHL stars as the theme week topic for next season. 
3. I would target some skaters if I was the GM for Mexico City because I believe we could improve on our scoring since our defense is playing fine. 
4. I feel like my player could execute more hits as a defender while assisting the offense.
5. I have not really lived up to my expectations this season. I was expecting to play better defense.
6.  I don't have a favorite team in any sports that i follow. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:09 AM, JCarson said:

Week of June 23 2024

1. It is a fun topic and I love it was VHLM focused!

2. Analyze a new user player and how they have done this season - can be anyone in the VHL, VHLE or VHLM as long as they are a first time user

3. Wings. We have been good on defense but seem to lack scoring compared to other top teams

4. It has been solid. It has had a mini slump lately and hope it does not continue

5. It has been much better than expectation. Easy to navigate league that has great supportive users.

6. I don't know the basics of ice hockey as a sport

Press Conference for the Week ending June 30 2024

By the time we have another press conference we will be in the playoffs so this one is going to be about how we will end the season?

Remember to answer all questions with full sentences

1) What position in our conference do you expect us to be when the season ends?

2) What position in the league will we be at the end of the season?

3) Which Mexico Player will have the most points at seasons end?

4) Which player will have the most penalties at seasons end?

5) Do you expect that we will win our first round series? (would be very difficult at this point for us to not make the playoffs)

6) What do you expect our final number of team points (Win/Loss/tie record) at seasons end?

17 minutes ago, JCarson said:

By the time we have another press conference we will be in the playoffs so this one is going to be about how we will end the season?

5) Do you expect that we will win our first round series? (would be very difficult at this point for us to not make the playoffs)

6) What do you expect our final number of team points (Win/Loss/tie record) at seasons end?

1. I expect us to finish in 1st place of the Western Conference because we have a 5 game difference
2. I believe we will be the 2nd best team in the league behind Halifax 21st from the Eastern Conference
3. I believe Samsayz will have the most points by the time the playoffs starts
4. I believe Carl Erhardt will have the most penalties by the time season is over
5. I expect us to win our first round series but I expect the series to be difficult
6. I expect our team to have a total of 101 points by the time the regular season is over

18 hours ago, JCarson said:

1. We're first now, but Saskatoon is just one point behind, and we haven't been great lately. In this moment, I'd say it's a coin flip between these two teams. But I can't see us falling lower than second.

2. Miami is one point in front of us, and Saskatoon is one point behind us. We're not finishing first, but things would have to go really bad for us to finish below fourth. 

3. I think Samsayz is going to go off and take the team lead. But I might be biased; of course I want to see a fellow defender tear it up!

4. It's only natural that our biggest hitter and the most physical player gets the most penalty minutes. My vote is Carl. But next year it's probably going to be Grønvold, no matter what team hr ends up in.

5. Of course, just like the ones that will follow!

6. What is it now? 42-14-7 for 91 points in 63 games? I'm saying we're winning 6 and only losing 2 in regulation, so 48-16-8 for 104 points.

On 6/28/2024 at 9:20 PM, JCarson said:

1) First in our conference

2) 2nd overall after Halifax

3) Gabriel Finley

4) Carl Erhardt

5) Give up one game before advancing

6) 50 wins, 15 losses, 7 OT

Press Conference for the week ending July 7 2024

Now that the regular season has ended I am going to try and make these more fun, maybe easier to complete so that more people stay connected.

Remember to answer all questions with full sentences.

1) What is your players favorite pregame food?

2) What is your players favorite color?

3) On off game days, what is your players favorite cheat day food?

4) What is your players drink of choice during games?

5) What is your players least favorite day of the week?

6) What is one thing your player will do in the offseason?

13 hours ago, JCarson said:

1. Grønvold is on keto diet, he munches on nuts and sunflower seeds before the games, all the delicious fats keep him going for 30 minutes a night.

2. I have the feeling he's into dark green, and it's not just because of the name and birth place. 

3. He loves fish and seafood. On cheat days, he still mostly eats these, but have them battered and deep fried and eat them with sriracha mayo.

4. His home made electrolyte drink. It's water with stevia, salt, some magnesium and a few slices of lemon.

5. The ones when he doesn't play hockey!

6. Be drafted by a VHLM team! Other than that, he's planningto do some hiking in B.C.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 3:41 AM, JCarson said:

Now that the regular season has ended I am going to try and make these more fun, maybe easier to complete so that more people stay connected.

1) I-Smell is a polar bear that likes junk food. His go-to meal is definitely Hotdog with regular Coca-Cola!

2) White because he is a white polar bear and they need the white color to blend in and sneak up to their prey.

3) Hotdog for sure. Other polar bears stay with their healthy fish diet, but I-Smell gotta cheat with the hot dog.

4) Coca-Cola as he is the proud sponsor of the drink. Gotta drink what pays you.

5) Wednesday - Hump Day as it is more for animals in the desert. Those living in the cold prefer Mondays to lay low.

6) Hibernate of course. Like many pro athletes sleep is a key source of their training.

Edited by CaptainSB

On 7/4/2024 at 2:41 PM, JCarson said:

1. Roman Amnon loves to eat potato salads, scrambled eggs and panama cakes as his favorite pre-game meal.

2. My player's favorite color is red because of his Mexico City Kings jersey. 

3. On off game days, my player likes to eat a mexican pizza and a taco has his cheat day food. 

4. My player drinks powerrade as his drink during games. 

5. My player hates Wenesdays because he says he has nothing to do besides practice

6. My player will go watch the MLB playoffs during the offseason and make a VHL account. 

Press conference week of July 14 2024

With out season now complete, please answer the following questions:

1) What was your favorite part of season 94?

2) What was the worst part of season 94?

3) If you had to pick an MVP for the team who would it be?

4) What is one thing you are looking forward to in season 95?

5) Are you planning of taking part in the offseason tournaments, why, why not?

6) What are your expectations for next season?

6 minutes ago, JCarson said:

1. My favorite part of season 94 was when the Mexico City Kings shocked the league by starting undefeated for a few games.

2. The worst part of season 94 was when our team fell from 1st all the way to 4th in 3-5 sims which shattered some hopes from our fans. 

3. I would pick Samsayz I-Smell as the team MVP this season because he contributed to the defense very well with the most points

4. I am looking forward to continue to improve my game as a user and a player in season 95

5. I am planning to take part in any offseason tournaments that Roman Amnon is eligible for because I want him to gather life experience with playing against players he never faced before as intense practice. 

6. My expectations for next season is to improve my overall build as a defender and I expect my player to contribute more to the team offensively. 

1 hour ago, JCarson said:

1. It has to be captain Triller having a career year and leading the United in points. I'm happy Kerr was able to help out after having a career year himself the season prior.

2. I was still more invested in Kerr's season than in Grønvold's. And getting swept in the first round, when this was Kerr's last chance to win the Cup was crushing.

3. I'd say Samsayz. They were second in scoring in both regular season and postseason, as a defender, while leading the team in blocked shots as well.

4. Seeing how the 200TPA build I have in mind simulates, compared to my expectations.

5. Any time there's hockey to be played, Grønvold is there! It's the excitement from a new toy, I want to see Grønvold simming every day!

6. Mostly good LR vibes. As for Grønvold's stats, being up there near the top in hits and blocked shots, with around a point per game would be nice 

On 7/12/2024 at 11:50 PM, JCarson said:

1) Leading the league most of the time until the end and us leading on many defensive categories was the most memorable

2) Having bad losing streaks at the end of the season was tough - especially losing players via inactivity

3) Gavin Bedard was our team MVP - he was our leading scorer for most of the season and led us as the rest of us were mostly playing defense

4) I'm interested to learn and experience the VHLE and how the league might be different

5) Yes for both tournaments to get along with other teammates and build bonds earlier in my professional career

6) Hoping to start and make an impact in the VHLE as I prep for the majors

Press Conference week of July 21 2024

This is the Why conference

1) Why did you join the VHL?

2) Why did you pick the player position you did?

3) Why did you pick your player's name?

4) Why did you pick your players country of origin?

5) Why do you think Mexico is the greatest VHLM team?

6) Why are you going to do well next season?

On 7/16/2024 at 6:52 PM, JCarson said:

I’m stealing this one cause I have no Press Conference to do

1. I joined because I was bored during the summer. It was this, getting a job, or grinding video games, figured it would be better to write rather than just grind away on risk

2. I was choosing a position that was needed. I was a d-man previously and decided that I was gonna be a C or D, decided that I’d be easier to do what I’d done before

3. This was supposed to be Dabnad Shaw’s son, so the last name stayed the same, then I simply chose a first name that I liked and there is went

4. I chose India because I am from India. I wasn’t born there but I’ve been to India multiple times. I kept this for Dabnad Shaw and kept it for Narnia Shaw

5. This is because Mexico City is simply just better, you also have the best alumni of the team which is why Mexico City is the greatest.

6. I think I’ll do well because of the Quinn Hughes build that I’m aiming to make. I’m aiming to get a large passing and skating, then increase my defense, much like Hughes, his mode, has been successful so I hope mine will be too.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:52 AM, JCarson said:

This will be my last team press conference. How time flies!

1) I joined to enjoy a league with other good users I found in the PBE. I wanted to see them in their element and have been pleasantly surprised.

2) I thought I could help the most playing defense and I like to play positions that allow others to shine.

3) I chose the name because Sam says I smell often!

4) It is a polar bear and this one in particular smells so much it lives alone in the Antarctic.

5) It is great because it has a proud tradition, good city that represents a whole country and are kings! What more would you need to prove you are the best?

6) I hope to do well because I stink and others will leave me alone.

Week of Aug 4 2024

1) What is one thing you want to do this next season?

2) What is one thing you hope to avoid this coming season?

3)Which team logo is your favorite, why?

4) Which team has your least favorite logo?

5) Which VHL member has posted your favorite forum content why?

6) Are you or have you ever been involved in another Simulation league, which one and how was your experience?

8 hours ago, JCarson said:

Week of Aug 4 2024

1) What is one thing you want to do this next season?

2) What is one thing you hope to avoid this coming season?

3)Which team logo is your favorite, why?

4) Which team has your least favorite logo?

5) Which VHL member has posted your favorite forum content why?

6) Are you or have you ever been involved in another Simulation league, which one and how was your experience?

1. It's gonna be my full M season. I'm mostly looking to be a part of a good locker room. To be honest, it's more important to me in the development leagues than success is.

2. In the same way as question 1 - I hope to avoid a dead locker room.

3. I love the color scheme of the Phantoms and the logo of the Reapers, imagine combining these two. I guess it's because even though I'm 30, I've never grown out of my edgy teen phase.

4. Even though I love the franchise, I must say I'm not a fan od the Wolves logo, there's just not much going on in my opinion. You could make a better logo featuring a Wolf.

5. There are just so many members making insanely good graphics - STZ, OrbitingDeath, Frank, Triller, BOOM and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other members. But my favorite content usually comes from that VHL Games fella.

6. I used to be into Powerplay Manager quite a lot - the first time I joined was about 13 years ago. I used to have a hockey team there, but it's very different than VHL - every member is a general manager of a team, the players are generated. But eventually I grew bored of it, because most of the time, there was just nothing happening other than annoying micromanaging - the only way to get rid of this was to pay for a "pro" account.

Welcome to Season 95 remember to answer all questions with full sentences.

1) What do you see as Mexico's greatest strength currently?

2) What do you see as Mexico's greatest weakness currently?

3) What is your players greatest strength currently?

4) What is your players greatest weakness currently?

5) Which team do you think is our greatest opponent this season, why?

6? Which team do you think will place last this season, why?

42 minutes ago, JCarson said:

1. I'd say our top end talent, we have 7 players who could be capped come playoff time, that's really, really good.

2. Depth, we could definitely use a D-man and two more forwards to complete our roster. The less time bots are on the ice, the better.

3. Grønvold is a defensive beast, definitely his shutdown ability. His defensive awareness might be the best in the league, and he can outskate and outmuscle pretty much anyone in the M.

4. His offensive abilities. I do expect Grønvold to finish the season around point per game simply because of how Simon works, but his offensive game in isolation is pretty much nonexistent.

5. I'd say Houston. On paper, us and the Bulls are the strongest teams in the West.

6. Top 3 in the league is definitely possible, especially if se can complete our team via waivers or trades. We have some gamebreaking talent that can compete with anyone.

On 8/9/2024 at 9:02 AM, JCarson said:

1. Weve got a pretty solid defense in front of a solid goalie so keeping the other teams goal counts low should be a breeze

2. Our offense is pretty top heavy so our scoring depth could cause issues

3. My player is an all around player so no strength or weakness

4. Same answer as question three basically

5. MIS and LVA are going to be pretty good both have very filled out rosters with depth

6. SDM are going to struggle a lot. Using a lot of bots is going to kill any game momentum you may gain