What the VHLM means to ME

diacope

🏆 Victory 📣 
There's been plenty of Victorious teams in the minors since it's a development league, and with a lot of coaches and players still learning, it's easy to stack wins before others notice a tweak. You can even prepare yourself for a run in the future if you've been there long enough. That's the joy, though; rebuild from the bottom and build a successful team of prospects, and life's made, for a few months at least. For the staff members not in rebuild mode, it's attention to detail that helps you maintain, hoping to get a Victory over a close rival or achieve more awards to add to your cabinet.. It's become apparent over the years that the VHLM always has a way to surprise you in all sorts of ways. I know the other leagues have had the same scenarios too, but it's definitely different and can be very fun to help fuel you for a long journey as a new member or returner from a distant past. It doesn't have as many inactive members as well, releases after two weeks, and Victories can be won by a single player or even a bot sometimes. Yeah, it might not give you a chance to really build out your player, but if you get lost in the sauce, you'll be moving on in no time, similar to the VHLE, except you can get a larger advantage over the rest of the league, so you have plenty of options. What I'm really trying to say here is, it's an easy ride in the minors, doesn't really matter where you want to play because even when you lose, you win, and that's a Victory. All that's missing is some more competitiveness and realism, but a majority of the people on here don't even care about that, at least not until they know who's who anyway. 

⛸️ Hockey ❄ 
The site has a great way of reminding you about Hockey because it's everywhere: graphics, articles, usernames, gifs, statuses, the portal, and even Discord have constant reminders of favourite teams, identities, humorous jokes, new words, notifications, future plans, and glimmers of the past, real or in simulation, showing exactly why and how much we are dedicated to Hockey. Despite some of the player names being ridiculous, there's been plenty of Hockey related players over the seasons to help with reasoning, giving the best or worst example, or your build. Even if you are not one of the diehard fans of Hockey you know a little more about what it's about now, thanks to the friends you meet, and that's probably the best way to describe Hockey anyway as we continue joining together as a team to create something fantastic and exciting for others to enjoy!

💬 League 🗺
We're definitely a well-oiled League that's for sure, and with raffles, media weeks, events, and plenty of things to dive into, the potatoes or whatever side dish you want is there for the taking if you want to get involved. That's what really makes a league: members willing to take part in the things the League has to offer. Whether you are a high- or low-earner, everybody has a role to play. Another big part of this League mostly because I see them take over half the online list, is jobs, another major part of an actual League in real life, and it adds to the overall atmosphere. The League has been around forever and has a history to go along with it too. Seeing family members join, actually, or a new build, I'm sure the League has been talked about by many. I forgot to mention the affiliate Leagues you can join! Now that's a lot of League!!

Ⓜ️ Minors 👶
What can I say about the Minors part? It's full of mystery and a tonne of players with a fifth of the TPE of the average VHL player, ring ring ring, Minor leaguer here. Yeah, I know if I played a 1 on 1 with any VHLer, I may not win the best of anything, but give me 5 seasons and.. Oh, wait, if you return, you'll most likely be the Minor. You cannot stop the mayhem! The circle never ends!! If you are in the VHLE, are you still considered a Minor? How far can a Minor chuck a puck if they had no luck, their shirt didn't tuck, skated like a duck, and never cashed in their 1.5M buck? Trust me, it would suck. Ok, back on topic, it's in our DNA; if it weren't for the Minor league, we wouldn't have scouts, and you know how hard they like to work. Backgrounds wouldn't make much sense if we didn't have a Minor league too. Oh, and you can't be a Minor and join the Discord channel; think that covers it all. Thank you for enduring this. Time to go, had time to write this while serving a Minor penalty.