Halifax 21st SuperSailor #11 (S94-Week 4): Meghan Dancalot

yMtBs7r.png

I really couldn't tell you exactly why, but this regular season has felt very long!  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe it's because this team has done so well every single week and I've half expected to see us lose a string of games at some point because... Simon.  But instead, the Halifax 21st have kept cruising right along, day after day, week after week, and it's been so rewarding to see all of these players have success, having climbed to the peak of the VHLM level.  I know the VHLM is still the first stage of the VHL journey, but that first 200 TPE is possibly the hardest you'll ever earn-- it's where the attrition is the highest and where players either figure it out or fall off the wagon.  For returning members who know how the league works, it might seem like a breeze or even a minor inconvenience, something to skip over.  Being relatively new myself, however, I remember well how important it felt to hit that VHLM cap at 200 and to be on equal footing with the best players in the league.  To see your player finally picking up the points along with the league's best is satisfying and motivating, and I want that experience for every new player in the VHLM.  All this to say, I'm so happy for all the incredible players on this season's edition of the Halifax 21st and they're all truly SuperSailors in their own right.  At some point in the near future, I would like to give them all their flowers, but this week's SuperSailor is the team's (second) newest addition: Meghan Dancalot!

Throughout the season and even as far back as the draft, Dancalot was a player that caught my attention.  A user with some VHL experience, no doubt, @diacope still brings an excitement and sincerity to the forum that I don't see from all members with her level of experience-- this isn't me calling anyone out by the way, I can totally understand how the novelty or excitement might wear off over time!  Before she joined Halifax last week, as a member of the San Diego Marlins she was all over the forums and I'd frequently see her posts and find myself enjoying both the creative content and enthusiasm that she brought to her interactions.  While we had the opportunity to select Dancalot in the S94 draft, we were in desperate need of defenders and that need was one of the primary reasons we didn't add Dancalot then.  With the trade deadline looming, the opportunity arose to add one of the VHLM's top scorers to our already incredible team and we couldn't pass it up.  Since joining Halifax, Meghan has been very active and fun in the team Discord and has continued her activity across the forum.  The production in the sims has continued as well!  With 19 points in her first 15 games with Halfiax, Dancalot is now up to 87 on the season and ranks 4th in the VHLM!  Like Anthony Simmons II @Starchychaff, who burst onto the Halifax scene last week, Dancalot has taken the BOAT GANG to another level with her activity and productivity both on and off the ice.  As an experienced VHLer, she has been a great model of activity and engagement for some of the newer members on the team and has really seemed to inspire more activity since her arrival.  I could not be more pleased with this acquisition for the 21st and I'm excited to see how the team comes together in the last 15 games of the season and the playoffs.  Congratulations to Meghan Dancalot on an incredible week and on being our 11th Halifax SuperSailor!  

In other team news, Halifax re-acquired goaltender Kendra Cavill @Firekiss, who was traded away to Las Vegas during the S93 draft and who was a teammate of Dancalot's in San Diego this season before re-joining the 21st.  We are excited to welcome Cavill-- a Halifax native-- back to the team to join us for our important final games and hopefully a long playoff run!

Edited by LucyXpher

This means a ton! Thank you for the amazing hospitality, like I've been doing all along, I'll continue to be myself and won't let the accomplishment go to my head. We still have work to do! 💪 🥂 😁

6 minutes ago, diacope said:

This means a ton! Thank you for the amazing hospitality, like I've been doing all along, I'll continue to be myself and won't let the accomplishment go to my head. We still have work to do! 💪 🥂 😁

It's honestly been a real pleasure having your around the team and a lot of fun! So happy to have you with us for the end of this season and playoffs! ❤️