A Dramatic Finish (66.7% accurate predictions)

While the battle for the VHLM playoffs in the Western Conference has been decided for what feels like dozens of games, the East has been a much different story. Philadelphia and Ottawa have been battling it out in these last 15 games and it looks like it will go right down to the wire. Philadelphia were looking like the clearly stronger team, but with the unfortunate recent releases of 2 inactive players, the gap has closed. Philly is down to 4 users at its season's most crucial point. Nicklas Pinkstrom, Justin Rike, and Leifr Eiriksson, backed by goaltender Vincenzo Pagano will look to clinch the playoffs tomorrow, needing only one point out of their next two games. Ottawa has come on strong after the trade or release of most of their team they started the season with a whopping 6 signed players. They are River Harrington, Brandon Petan Jr, Slava Kovalenko, Xhekajs middletoe, Kyle Evans, and Messmer. Onyekachukwu Chidieber Oluwaseun is in nets, the only member of the team to play every game this season. So here's what my predictions are for this dramatic final day of sims (as much as I pray Ottawa will go through).

Philadelphia's Outlook:

Advances with an OTL/W in either game or with an OTT loss against HFX in any fashion.

Eliminated on ROW tiebreaker if they lose both and OTT beats HFX.

GM #354: Philadelphia Reapers @ Saskatoon Wild

Having lost 4 straight, and 9 out of their last 11, this Philly team will be hungry for the win that will push them into the playoffs. However, Saskatoon is a formidable side and their 50 wins this season show they will be a very tough opponent. While the Reapers only need a result in one of their two games to be safe, this looks more unlikely against the Wild.

Prediction: Reapers 2, Wild 5

GM #357: San Diego Marlins @ Philadelphia Reapers

San Diego and Philadelphia are both 4th place teams in their conferences, but their records tell very different tales. San Diego has 46 points and 22 wins more than Philly, making this a larger mountain than they'd want to have to climb. The recent signings of TIJ Davies, Victory Hockey League, and Kurt Bachmann have bolstered their capable lineup and coming off a recent 7-1 win against Philly, will be confident. Again, this is not a positive matchup. But I believe the Reapers will be able to fight through and take points in this final home game from a potentially complacent Marlins side, already assured their spot in the playoffs.

Prediction: Marlins 3, Reapers 4 (OT)

Reapers into playoffs

Ottawa's Outlook:

Advances on ROW tiebreaker with a win vs HFX if PHI lose vs SSK and SDM

Eliminated with a loss in any fashion vs HFX or a PHI W/OTL.

GM #356: Ottawa Lynx @ Halifax 21st

Ottawa are 83 points back from Halifax, painting a nearly hopeless picture of victory. Having been outscored by them 35-9 in their 8 prior meetings this year, Ottawa seems to stand little chance. But a silver lining can be found here: since GM Grape rejuvenated the team after the trade deadline, Ottawa have played Halifax twice. These have been their only meetings where they have scored multiple goals and once took them to a shootout. Ottawa needs a massive game from goalie Oluwaseun and some luck from the hockey gods, but ultimately Philadelphia may dash their hopes.

Prediction: Lynx 3, Halifax 2 (OT)

Lynx narrowly miss

Posted (edited)

Ngl I would be kinda disappointed to see Ottawa beat Halifax tomorrow, but it would be kinda fun for the chaos if Philly doesn’t win their games.  I guess we’ll see what happens!

Edited by LucyXpher

3 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

Ngl I would be kinda disappointed to see Ottawa beat Halifax tomorrow, but it would be kinda fun for the chaos if Philly doesn’t win their games.  I guess we’ll see what happens!

remember you’d get a whole playoff series against us for revenge if that happens!

2 minutes ago, sadie said:

remember you’d get a whole playoff series against us for revenge if that happens!

Hmm, very tempting 🤔  It would be a fun series for sure!