River Harrington: The First Week

National Hockey League Sport GIF by Seattle Kraken

River Harrington’s first taste of the VHLM was certainly interesting, to say the least and I’m extremely pleased with how he performed on an Ottawa Lynx squad that was desperate for a few fresh faces. After having to release their only two skaters due to inactivity, Ottawa was revitalized with six new players, two of them being River and fellow former Vancouver Giant Brandon Petan Jr., who brought the offensive spark this team needed.

Despite the fact Ottawa missed the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion, River put up some pretty impressive stat lines in his 19 games played for the Lynx. He scored 12 goals, 11 assists, totaling 23 points accompanied by 3 GWG and 5 PPG. His shooting percentage was 22%, which was one thing I was extremely surprised about, and he finished with 38 hits and 62 shots blocked, which led the team for the season in SB. 

I’m currently trying to build an offensive defenseman and I’d like to think I’m on the right track considering this is my first taste of hybrid attributes! Starting with that 80 TPE carryover definitely helped some and I'm stoked to see where River can go from here.