A Bright Future - Raimo Tuominen

CALGARY - Raimo Tuominen had a great season in terms of individual stats. And as much as the Wranglers may have wanted more to come out of their season, they proved that this young core had potential. The emergence of rookie goaltender David Slezak, three defensemen with 60+ points, two 50+ goal scorers, two 20+ goal scorers, and two promising wingers proving their worth has instilled confidence in the city that the Wranglers will continue to build on what has started this season.

“Obviously team success matters over player success anytime. I’m glad that I was able to prove myself as a legitimate 1C and I hope to continue to prove my worth in that position in the future. We were all uncertain about how this season would go and it had its serious ups and serious downs… but we were expecting that and have learned from it. I mean that crazy win streak to start the season might have heightened expectations but I still view this season as a great place to build off on.”

Raimo and Catia may have been the flashiest players, each scoring 50+ goals and 100+ points, but Raimo points to Catia as the reason he was able to step up to the new 1st liner role.

“Catia is an incredible player. I seriously doubt my statsheet would be nearly as impressive without her. This whole team comes together so beautifully and we’re all young, we all have potential, and at our best I believe we can stir up the league.”