A family drama in Mexico

Posted (edited)

As the top EU team, London United are enjoying a few days of rest before the wild card round is finished. And the retirement home of a team sure as hell needs it. Wann Kerr is using the days off to watch his adoptive son Alagsantere Grønvold play his first VHLM playoff games and to cheer...against him?

In his VHLM days with the Las Vegas Aces, Kerr didn't hold back his distaste for the Mexico City Kings, saying he hated playing against the same players over and over and over again, he hated crossing the border ("for...reasons"—Kerr's's words), and he hated Mexican cuisine ("it looks like sick with heese"—Kerr's's words). In the end, his Aces beat the Kings in the semifinals (only to lose to the Philadelphia Reapers in the finals).

There were reports about Kerr being let in the Kings' locker room and chirping the team. "Yeah, we don't pay attention to him," said Grønvold when asked about this. "He's just butthurt that he didn't win the Founders Cup. He won't do s***. I mean, look at him; he's like 4 feet tall. We can just grab him and defenestrate him. Yeah, you know what? I hope I'm drafted by Seattle and I split my career between Seattle, Helsinki, and Malmö!" Grønvold added.

So far, neither Grønvold nor Mexico City seem fazed by Kerr's attempt at demoralization, as they're up 3-1 against Houston, and Grønvold has already recorded 4 assists in 4 games.

Edited by VattghernCZ