Career Year for Jax

[TORONTO] It was only two seasons ago when Jimi Jax was uncertain about his future with the Toronto Legion. Following a Continental Cup in S91 and strong run in S92, it seemed as though time was running short for the Legion’s chance at being competitive. The potential to trade Jax for futures was speculated, but after much thought, Jax wanted to be in Toronto regardless and was confident that the Legion could be competitive in his last few VHL years.

This prediction was indeed accurate, as the Legion finished second place in the NA Conference in S93 (albeit a disappointing playoff push) and have clinched the Victory Cup as they head into round 1 of the S94 playoffs. In addition to the teams performance, Jax finished the season with league leading 62 goals and 131 points – the most points by a player since S82 (Justin Lose). It is expected that Jax will be finalist the for the Slobodzian trophy, but to the American forward – the jobs not finished.

“I really didn’t expect to have such a great year” the year 8 veteran mentioned after the final practice before playoffs. “It’s not to be able to contribute to the team in a big way, I felt really good this season – but to me, the job isn’t finished, and we’re going to try and win it again this year”.

The Legion were ousted in 4 by the championship winning DC Dragons last season, but are hopeful for a stronger push in S94.