Postgame Comments (HFX @ OTT): Harrington

OTTAWA, CA — The Ottawa Lynx, who were last in the Eastern Conference at the S94 trade deadline, were revitalized and made one final push for the playoffs with a roster of six new waiver players. To beat the Halifax 21st in the final game of the season was a tall order, and the Lynx fell 2-3 to the strongest team in the VHLM, though it was a valiant effort.

One of Ottawa’s waiver pickups, defenseman River Harrington, who finished the season with 23 points in 19 outings for the squad, was available for comment after the regular season’s conclusion. Harrington previously played for the Vancouver Giants of the WHL and with his short stint with the team, is one step closer to fulfilling his dream of playing in the VHL.

“Although we only played a handful of games together, this squad has that drive to win and I know all of us will have a chip on our shoulder next year,” commented Harrington, postgame. “I’d love to come back to Ottawa through the dispersal draft. I can’t say enough good things about our GM, Blake Laughton, and to play alongside my buddies (Brandon Petan Jr. and Slava Kovalenko) here has been amazing. I just hope I’ve shown that I’ve got what it takes to succeed in this league and beyond.”