Interview with a Jedi

Aimee

Lights flash and a clamor of noise fills the conference room as Ahsoka Tano enters. The various cameras turn towards her as she settles into the chair in front of the crowd of journalists. She takes a sip of the unmarked bottle which is clearly a Glacier Freeze Gatorade but without sponsorship, can’t show. She finally looks up to the crowd and points for her first question.

“Ahsoka, is it true that only one VHL team has reached out to you since the end of the season?”

So far, yes. I won’t confirm or deny who but yes, just one team so far. No VHLE teams have come to me yet regarding the draft but I’m hopeful that someone will.

“Do you assume that if no VHLE team calls you up, you’ll be moving on from the league?”

I don’t think so. I’m beyond the average ability here in the VHLM so I guess we’ll see what happens. Just because no one reaches out in advance doesn’t mean there isn’t interest.

“Rumor has it that you’re a Jedi. Is that correct? And if so, how can you justify the tyranny of the Jedi Council?”

I was once a Jedi, yes. I walked away from the order after I became disillusioned with the institution during the Clone Wars. I will never call myself a Jedi, however others may if they wish. I am a Force user and identify as such.

An uproar hits the crowd, and she holds her hand up to silence them.

I have never, and will never, use my Force powers while playing hockey. This sport is too important to me so mess with it in such a way. Perhaps my Jedi training has given me a better sense of myself and my surroundings, but I have no intention of manipulating the sport in that manner. As for the ‘tyranny’ comment, I would not agree with that classification. Overbearing, sure. Arrogant, yes. But the Jedi are anything but tyrannical. 

The room stays silent as hands carefully raise again. Ahsoka once again points to the group.

“You’ve been quiet since the season ended both on and off the ice. Is everything alright?”

I’m not great, to be honest. I know we don’t tend to discuss personal matters in this line of work, but I have been struggling with my mental health lately. It’s an old issue that pops up occasionally, but recently it’s been bad. I’ve spoken with my agent, and we don’t think it will be an issue regarding playing as long as I take care of myself. If things get bad, then I will take a step back so that I don’t affect the team. But for now, I feel okay enough to keep it up. I love hockey too much to not push through.

Hands shot up again as she finished speaking but then she stood, signaling that she was done. But she did look around the room and said one more thing.

If you or a friend is struggling with mental health and you are here in the US, please call or text 988 for the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.

And with that, she grabbed her barely touched not-Gatorade and walked out of the room.

540 words for week ending 7/21/2024

(ps. I'm okay and not in any crisis.)

3 minutes ago, Lemorse7 said:

Purple for purple lightsaber ???

Well, white doesn't show up on the blinding white forum background lol. I feel bad for non-dark mode users.

7 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Well, white doesn't show up on the blinding white forum background lol. I feel bad for non-dark mode users.

we dont feel bad for non darm mode users padawan