A new season, A new topic for my writing

JCarson

Offseason is in full swing; the offseason tournaments are proceeding, and the individual leagues have announced their draft dates.  With the drafts spanning almost an entire week that leaves keen players the opportunity to gain some much-needed TPE prior to the season starting. As another season approaches, I am going to do my regular installment of what should I do my media spots on. For those of you who have been paying attention over the last number of seasons (since at least season 84) I have done a media spot to VHL.com article during the offseason to provide some framework for my writing for the next season. With the need to produce more media spots and vl.com articles this season, to gather TPE to build Felicia Hardy, I am going to piece together some thoughts for what I might do. 

First some thoughts for my VHL.com article.  For these articles I would like to do something quick and easy, potentially something that I have a base structure that I can use to analyze from week to week. Generally, when you are doing an analytical piece, you need to measure against some goal.  Here are some options: 

1) Felicia Hardy quest for point per game 

2) Mexico City Kings Quest for 80 points 

From a perspective on a media spot the article needs to be larger and more in depth.  Several people mentioned that my previous media spot series on my thoughts as a first year GM was interesting and so I am pondering if doing repeat topic might be interesting now that I have more experience being a GM. I also have the option of doing a larger topic related to my experiment building a defensively minded Defense person.  Those may be more expected topics and there is some fun in going off the board ever once in a while.  So here are some weird and potentially whacky options: 

1) I could do an expose of the cities in the European Conference, focusing on the teams outside Davos that Felicia Hardy would be travelling to. 

2) I could also do a series on the top rookie players of season 95 looking to predict the outcome of the Rookie of the Year award. 

3) And just to make everything be extremely weird, I could go off hockey all together and do a series related to foods that Felicia Hardy enjoys on game days.  Who knows maybe by the end I will have a completed work and can publish a cookbook. 

There are so many options for both media spots and VHL.com articles that it is always fun to choose. Hopefully, I will be able to decide before the season starts, and I need to publish my first article. Part of me wish I knew how to do graphics so that I could include some of my own pictures in the process. Doing a series that included both written and graphical components would be so much more interesting. 

Only time will tell what i decide, stay tuned to find out.