Pension Plan adds Actual Senior Citizen

AIM-11

In a step that few other professional leagues have ever taken before a senior citizen has made his way into the VHL. 

Hailing from Bern Switzerland, Merlin Malinowski signed a VHL contract to become the oldest VHL hockey player in league history.  Having qualified for early Pension according to Swiss laws, he gave up his full time job as a male stripper, and over the past year has been working hard to make the VHL.

There were many doubters, but Merlin worked his magic and the 6'4", 225lb blueliner was finally rewarded for all of his hard work.  VHL news caught up with Merlin shortly after signing his contract.

"Merlin, how does it feel to be the oldest player in VHL history?"

"It feels amazeballs.  Did you hear that? I used the term amazeballs!  I am real hip like the young cool cats right?  Hardy har har!  I had been trying to find some way to pay for my heart pills and the VHL seemed like an easy way to make some extra cash.  I was getting tired of the stripping scene, and one man can only shave his body hair for so long before its time to let it go.  I figure I have a few Championships in me, and this old man will surprise a few before it's all said and done!"