A Few Words with Hounds New Captain

The Mississauga Hounds management announced their team leaders for this season and no one was more surprised about his being named Captain of the team than the man himself, Slava Kovalenko.

“Coming into the M as a waiver wire pickup and only having a few games before the end of season was an interesting way to start things off and honestly, I thought no one was really looking at me.” Kovalenko, resplendent in his new jersey, explained after the conference was over.

“But management clearly has faith in me to lead the team and I’m going to continue to do the things I was doing before, even more so honestly because I want to lead by example and make sure that we’re playing the best hockey we can together. We’ve gotten off to a good start and if we can continue to grow our game, continue to improve then I don’t see any reason why we can’t be serious contenders in the playoffs. I feel very honored to be named as captain of the Hounds, to be on a team and work with a gm and agm who clearly wanted me to be there and I’m excited for what this season will hold. I know my family will all be excited too so hi mom and dad, Sergei, Irina, Anya, Dido and Baba!”

The Hounds are 6-2 in their first 8 games, only one point back of Vegas in the overall standings at this time.

(word count: 245)