DBC Presents: A Talk with Harrington

DBC Anchor: Good evening, loyal viewers of the Dimmensia Broadcasting Corporation! Tonight, we join Michael Burrows for an interview with Ottawa Lynx defenseman, River Harrington! Harrington was brought in on waivers by Ottawa last season alongside a familiar face: Brandon Petan Jr.! The two returned to Ottawa via the 2nd and 4th overall picks respectively in this year’s VHLM dispersal draft. Let us join Michael as he introduces us to Harrington:

Michael Burrows: River, thank you for joining us! First of all, congratulations. How does it feel to have been selected 2nd overall?

River Harrington: Feels great. I mean. . . I’m back in a city I love and a team where I’m wanted. Our GM trusted that Brandon and I could breathe some new life into the Lynx and we both have made it clear we are going to give it 112% out there on the ice every practice and game. 

MB: Ottawa has had a tough start this season. How are you and the team feeling going into these next few matchups? What’s the mindset?

RH: Just taking it one game at a time. We’re not worried. There’s still a lot of hockey to play, y’know? We just need to get pucks deep, get pucks to the net, stay solid defensively. Onye has been giving it his all in net and we need to support him.

MB: Now, the fans have been wondering— what are your thoughts on Slava Kovalenko’s new captaincy role for the Hounds, since you two also have a history?

RH: Slava. . . what a guy, eh? He’s a stud, though. Sometimes he doesn’t give himself enough credit, but he’s been on fire this season and deserves all the praise. I told him he’d be the steal of the draft and look at that— I was right. Miss seeing his face everyday, but I’ll always be one of his biggest fans.

MB: You heard it here, folks! Moving on, is there any particular goal you’re shooting for in your career? Trophies? Idols you look to emulate?

RH: I’ve always been a big Skor McFleury fan. To put up the numbers he does while also being a defensive monster who isn’t afraid to put his body on the line is something I’ve always admired, and been modeling my own game after. There’s a lot of VHLers out there I hold massive respect for, but Skor is definitely up there for me, yeah.

MB: Lastly, any words for the Lynx fans going into the rest of the season?

RH: Lynx fans, thank you for your unwavering support! The rest of the boys and I feel the energy every time we step onto the ice and just know we’re working our asses off everyday. We’re getting into the groove now and wins will follow. 

MB: River, thank you again for taking time out of your evening to join us here at the DBC! We wish you and the Lynx the best of luck this season. Back to you in the studio.