Felicia Hardy and Smoked Brisket

JCarson

With another intense set of games for tonight, Moscow and Malmo, the coaching staff of HC Davos Dynamo made the practice optional.  Felicia Hardy after taking a couple bruises from the last game decided that they would sit this one out and get some rest. 

Rest today looks like a time to make players on the team a fantastic BBQ smoked meal.  On today’s menu will be smoked Brisket, Hash Brown Casserole and Pit Beans.  It will be a long 21-hour process to do the brisket but will be well worth it when it is done.  A slow process done over low heat (225 degrees) with hickory wood.  

Smoking brisket could be used as an analogy for training a player, it is a long slow process that takes constant monitoring, doing little adjustments over time but once it is finished you get a level of perfection that you can’t achieve if the process is rushed.  It is a process that can seem daunting, or it can be a relaxing journey that allows you to sit back and enjoy. I encourage you to look at building your player as the journey.  Take it in, enjoy each step, build slowly, purposefully.  Know that the process works, you can achieve a great result if you keep at it, a slow constant pace. 

Today there is only 6 more hours until the brisket is finished, in building Felicia Hardy I will have 7 more seasons.  It is a slow process, but it will result in something great.  So, I am sitting back, having another cup of coffee, and am enjoying the process.