Just Keep Firing - Raimo Tuominen

CALGARY - Raimo Tuominen had a nickname that was based on his initials. RT turned into Right Trigger in Finland. While that name is not used in VHL circles, it is surprisingly fitting for his style of play. Raimo is a very shot heavy player. Heck, so is Catia Goncalves, his fellow linemate and partner in crime. Many times in games, the two just have a shootout. There are a good amount of examples of game sheets where a Raimo shot is recorded just to be followed by a Catia shot. And the two wouldn’t have it any other way.

“For now, it is working and it is what makes us tick. Catia takes a shot, I hunt for a rebound, I take a shot, Catia fishes for a rebound, repeat and rinse until the goal has been scored. What can I say? It doesn’t always work but it can prove to add some pressure on the opponent’s d-core or even the goalie. I mean, I’m no goalie but if shots are finding their way through to me and it’s happening every 3 seconds, that might get irritating, no?”

With 1424 shots and 128 career goals, maybe Raimo isn’t the most accurate shooter. But like a spray and pray player in an FPS game holding down the right trigger, rapid-fire shooting can sometimes result in good stuff.

Edited by SlapshotWrangler

• SlapshotWrangler changed the title to Just Keep Firing - Raimo Tuominen