End-Of-Season S95 Ramble - River and the Lynx

kirbithan

Since I did a midseason recap, I figure it’s only fitting to do an end-of-season recap to see where River sits amongst his peers. But first and foremost, I want to announce that the Ottawa Lynx have made the S95 VHLM playoffs! It was quite the rollercoaster to get here (with an abysmal 9 game losing streak in there that we won’t talk about), but we managed to secure the last spot in the postseason over the Saskatoon Wild and San Diego Marlins by the good graces of Simon, who’d done us dirty almost the entire season. We face the Las Vegas Aces and time will only tell how that goes.

Back to individual statistics, River Harrington played 72 games and ended with 21 goals and 59 assists to total 80 points. Of his goals, 2 of them were gamewinners, 11 were PPG, and only 1 was a shorty. He also boasts 79 hits and 122 shots blocked. These stats place him T-8th in assists, 3rd in defensemen points, 7th in shots blocked, T-2nd in power play goals, and T-3rd in shorthanded goals.

Honestly, although I wish he scored a bit more, ending the season with 80 points is quite the feat, especially since Ottawa’s roster was rather thin. I can only hope his efforts will be enough to aid the team in this first round against Vegas and to say I’m anxious is an understatement. Whatever happens, I believe this has been a successful S95 for both River and Ottawa and I’m pleased with how the regular season ended!