Petan Jr. and Harrington's Friendship in Peril?

kirbithan

OTTAWA, CA — It seems as though a storm of drama unraveled on social media in the past few days as Ottawa Lynx superstar and VHL draftee River Harrington posted a cryptic Instagram story which showcased a black screen, with the words “Brandon Petan Jr. is a snake” as its only caption. 

The post started a flurry of rumors of a falling out between the two friends, which came as a shock to many within the hockey community, as the two rising stars have been close since they were part of the same junior program in Vancouver to now being teammates on the Lynx. Fans of the two have been swarming their comments, asking about the story and the state of their relationship.

Both Petan Jr. and Harrington have been radio silent, as they’ve both been playing in the Junior Showcase Tournament for the Royals and Warriors, respectively, until today.

After the surge of concern from fans, Harrington took to his Instagram to clear things up as follows: “I didn’t think people would actually take it seriously,” Harrington said through laughter. “I don’t know what I expected, really. . . but things between Brandon and me are all good. If you guys really want to know, we were playing Uno: Show ‘Em No Mercy and Brandon decided it would be fun to throw down a +34 on me after we went back and forth. That was our last round of Uno for the night, obviously. But yeah, things are fine. . .”

Turns out, the two had just gotten into a heated match of the new version of the game Uno, which, as the name implies, shows no mercy towards its players. After the clarification from Harrington, fans were relieved and even amused at the entire situation. It is safe to say both prospects are still on good terms with one another.