The Journey of Grog Strongjaw pt 1

Grog Strongjaw

Hello, everyone. My name is Grog Strongjaw, and Grog Strongjaw comes from Vox Machina, which is a D&D game that turned into an Amazon Prime TV show. This will be a fan-fiction series by me, which will show how Grog enters the VHL. Lol, it is a bit ridiculous, but this is what makes the VHL fun. You can be whoever you want to be.

Grog, poking at the fire with his axe, muttered, "I wonder what happened to my parents, Pike. I ain't never known them."

Pike looked at him. “Oh, buddies. No matter what happened or happens, I am always here for you.”

“I know, Pikey. Just... most of my life I was haunted by my tribe’s leader from the Horde of Storms. Now that I’ve released them from Kevdak, I want to know who my parents are.”

“I feel your pain, Grog. You know if I could do something, I would. Uh... I feel—" Her eyes suddenly narrowed as a strange feeling washed over her. A shimmering light began to form just behind Grog, growing brighter and brighter. She stood up, recognizing it immediately.

"Grog, I think the Everlight is guiding you."

Grog blinked, glancing over his shoulder at the glowing portal.

"Oh, why would the Everlight want me? I ain't good at that spiritual stuff.”

Pike smiled softly, resting a hand on his massive shoulder.

“This isn't about that, buddies. This is your journey, Grog. Through that portal, you'll find answers about your parents.”

Grog's eyes widened. He stood. “I'll do it, buddies. I'll find them. But... I can't go without you.”

“I will always be with you, bro, through the Everlight. No matter what happens, she will guide me to you.”

Grog gave her a nod and entered the portal. All of a sudden, he ended up in a very cold atmosphere. There was ice on the ground and some kind of boards surrounding it. He looked around and saw two teams playing. Grog thought to himself, “That's a lot of enemies.”

He saw this weird stick-looking thing and grabbed it. “I need some kind of weapon,” Grog thought to himself.

This is not written by AI, and I was told specifically to not do that. I wrote this and I plan on writing a series about my character entering in the REALM of VHL as Grog Strongjaw.

This is only 393 words but I thought honestly if I forced the story to go over 500 it wouldn't be as good. 

image.thumb.png.4cf3975c95aa82c22137e4806dc59f85.png

Authors note: I have a lot planned for this character if you are into fantasy mixed with sports. I am writing this because my character is based on the legend of vox machina, which is a great fantasy story with dragons etc. I thought it would be different and fun to write this story, as it adds more depth to the possibilities this league can provide. Stay tuned for ep 2 to see how grog tries to understand that a hockey stick is not a weapon, but confused that blades on your feet isn't either. How will this gentle yet fierce giant perform in the VHL? stay tuned.

Review: As a Critter/Vox Machina fan, this fills my soul with a depth of delight that, upon further reflection, is most like frightening and so I will attempt to contain myself. This is definitely a strong start on what will be Grog's journey into the VHL. The only critique I have is the length and I will out myself here as well as offer my services: I have role played a LOT in the past and continue to write with people for fun so if you ever want commentary from Grog's Vox Machina friends, PLEASE hit me up. I would love to help because this is such a fun idea.

(word count: 111 words)