Golden Jedtsson talks about the upcoming off-season, season, and past post-season [Final 6/6]

Kel

GOLDEN JEDTSSON INTERVIEW; speaks about off-season, sophomore season, post-season
Jedtsson’s one of the best defensive prospects out of the season 43 draft. He’s managed to quietly make his way atop the practice hours rankings and he’s continued to make some noise for the Americans. Earlier this week the defender was featured on a local radio speaking about numerous things. Here’s the session.

WFAN660: Hello, Golden. Welcome to the show. It’s nearly the off-season, but right now we’re at game three of the Express/Wranglers finals. There aren’t too many players who watch post-season hockey once their team’s kicked out, are you an exception?

McDonaghJune714_xbox_620x350_2462971181.
Golden Jedtsson during the radio session.

Golden Jedtsson: Sometimes, I’m a big hockey fan. If there’s some good hockey then I’ll watch, but there’s a chance that I’m too busy to catch a game or too worn out to watch one. Not to mention that it’s quite annoying watching a team that kicked you out of the post-season. It reminds you too much of the series and then you’re question yourself. I don’t know, it’s too much for me.

WFAN660: Well, your team’s one season removed from being a bottom team in the league. However, suddenly this season the Americans rank third in Eastern conference. What are your thoughts on that?

Golden Jedtsson: Well, our general manager’s a smart guy. He’s turned this team around and we’re heading in the right direction. He’s a great general manager and I’m proud to play for his team. We’re still young though and we can continue to compete for a while. I’m not expecting our general manager to disrupt any of the team’s future, but I do expect a few moves that could help our team out in the race for the Continental Cup next season. He’s smart, he’ll make the right moves. I’m not sure what he’ll do, but that’s why they pay him to do that and pay me to ply the game. 

WFAN660: One of the draftees from your draft class, Pablo Escabar has found a lot of success with the Helsinki Titans. He’s in his second professional season while you are only in your first. Can we expect the same from you next season?

Golden Jedtsson: That might be a little farfetched. However, Escabar’s a great talent. He’s a leader and has helped the Titans defense despite being one of the weakest if not the weakest defensive groups in the league. I don’t think that my play will be as good as his was offensively, but I think that I can perform better than he did defensively. Escabar’s more of an offensive defenseman more than a defensive defenseman. I don’t think that I performed as well as I could have as the top defenseman for the Americans. However, next season I’m coming out with more energy and I want to perform better for the team. 

mcdonagh_620-thumb-620xauto-276817.jpg 
Golden Jedtsson defending forward, Rami Jakobssen on the Calgary Wranglers.  

WFAN660: You expecting to see any off-season trades? 

Golden Jedtsson: Last off-season we made quite a few moves. Most of them were in free agency and it paid off. We signed free agent, Niklas Kurri and he was a great addition. I don’t know what this off-season has in store. However, I do know that this off-season I’m going to play a bigger role on a Super Cup team. It’s one of my goals to win a championship in that tournament, so I can complete the quadruple club thing that the media always talks about. 
Edited by Kel

Content: 3/3 - Congrats on a good season. Hopefully you'll continue to preform well and gradually raise those point totals. :)

Grammar: 2/2 - Lovely.

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks pretty.

Overall: 6/6