Flip's Blog Spot: Numero Uno

Well, the World Cup of Hockey is coming up and I’ve been selected as the fourth defenseman on Team World led by hedgehog337. I fully expected to go to Team Mercenaries as a player not selected for any other nation’s team but I’m glad with where I ended up. Hedgehog put a great team together and I think we’ve got a pretty good shot at earning a medal, the first of my career. If our first line ends up being Raphael Pettyfer, Lord Karnage, and Edwin Reencarnacion, I think we’d have the best top line out there and we’d be a definite force to be reckoned with. I’m probably one of, if not THE, least experienced player on the squad so I will be looking to players like Biggu Kyanon or Prince Gigga-Bijou for guidance when it comes to adjusting to playing on the blue line with the World Cup rules and regulations. Between the pipes, I expect Ariel Weinstein to get the majority of starts for us and anytime he’s in net he makes the guys in front of him look like all-stars. I haven’t really looked at any of the other nations’ rosters but I am predicting at least a silver medal for this squad with a very real shot at gold. I find it hard to believe anyone else has a better roster than we do right now.

That’s it for this time. Maybe I’ll come back on here and update everyone on how things are going throughout the World Cup tournament or during the regular season next year.

(262 words)