Dortch Update

evrydayimbyfuglien

Dortch Update

ce4a896a0282cc3dc52e797dcdf1687a.jpeg

Some of you may be surprised to see who is atop the VHLM goals leader board. Coming into the league as nothing more than a big, lumbering, physical presence, Daryl Dortch of the Bratislava Watchmen has found a way to score eight goals in as many games so far this season (that’s eight times as many as he scored in all sixteen appearances last season). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that he has abandoned the physical game. Quite the contrary actually as Dortch also leads the VHLM in hits with 38.  Of course, with the physical aspect comes more penalty minutes. Dortch has spent 20 minutes in the sin bin, tied for second most in the league. But I would argue that when you’re scoring at the rate he is, a few extra penalty minutes is definitely forgivable. It’s exciting times at the Evryday Player Agency as it seems Dortch will continue to grow into a great player capable of taking the body while also having the hands to put the biscuit in the basket. And trust me, Dortch knows all about biscuits.