Aces' backup to finally get run of starts

Gudnason

Aces' backup to finally get run of starts

LAS VEGAS, NV - With Las Vegas' general manager and head coach Robbie Zimmers taking a leave of absence until further notice, Scott Anderson has been appointed caretaker general manager and head coach in the mean time. Anderson will be behind the bench for the first time tomorrow as the Aces host the Ottawa Lynx at T-Mobile Arena, before travelling to Canada's capital city to complete the home-and-home.

"Understanding that the existence of the VHLM is for developing prospects, I will be signing an executive order to start our new backup goaltender for consecutive games immediately," said Anderson. "I'm aware that VHLM players can earn precious training hours with VHL Hall of Fame-caliber coaches and trainers with good performances over the course of the season, but as the cost is fully funded by the league, there is a cap in place that limits such hours to 20. Vernon Von Axelberry has shown tremendous leaps in his on-ice performance this season, no doubt in part due to the stronger defense he has in front of him compared to last season, and I've already been informed by VHLM officials that Von Axelberry will get a chance to train with legends such as Brick Wahl, Robert Sharpe, and CAL G after the season for 20 hours. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned with developing Von Axelberry, the organization has done more than its fair share. Now it's time to develop other young prospects such as Alexander Wolf, who I'm delighted to acquire from Yukon."

Wolf is known to have a poor work ethic outside of game situations, and he rarely showed up to practice regardless of wherever he was, be it in Ottawa or Yukon. However, it is still understood that Anderson will still give him a chance to perform in a new environment, and he has promised Wolf a string of starts to show what he can do.

In other news, Yukon dropped a nine-spot on Ottawa last night with 63 shots on target where Phuckin Phucked had an Astrid Moon-like save percentage of .857.