The Rookie's First Experience

Riga-Ryuu Crimson was placed on the first line over first overall draft pick Leph Twinger. “I was very surprised, I thought Twinger was gonna be first line and I would be second line at best. But our General Manager, Hedgehog, we call him that because he looks like one, and we are suspicious that he is one, put me on first line. I really hope I can help and I’m not just a waste of cap space, and I owe Hedgey a lot.”

As well as Ryuu on the first line, guess who is on the defense first line? That’s right, Baltimore hero, Dylan Nguyen. “I saw that he was on the first defense line and I was so happy for him. Dill Pickle worked hard for it, and deserves it so much. I am so happy for him and I am excited to work with him more often. He is great offensively and a good friend. He will fit in well and will probably stay first line for the rest of his Victory Hockey League career. I checked Twitter, and Baltimore was blowing up with posts about Dylan’s first VHL game and how everyone loved it. I actually saw tons of Baltimore natives in Riga, a month before the opener, getting ready for his first VHL Game. These people would wait a month just to see this defensemen. Also, Baltimore celebrates Dylan day as an actual holiday. Dylan has made his impact in Baltimore sport, and he will probably make a name for himself in the Victory Hockey League.”

The Defenseman and Left Wing have been friends for a long time and are excited to be able to play together in the Big Leagues and were seen opening night for their Victory Hockey League Debut. “Honestly, if I score a goal, Dylan’s name will probably be in the assist column. You might think I’m joking but for most of my Victory Hockey League Minor career, he was always the assistant. He is such a good passer, and he will probably get more apples than an 600 acre apple orchard.” Ryuu said before the game.

Ryuu Crimson was a first line Left Wing before, when he was with the Victory Hockey League Minor’s Saskatoon Wild, but was brought down to second line in Halifax after Karl von Moltke’s dominant performance. Crimson got 30+ goals and was one of the top 10 goal scorers that season. He is yet to get more than 40 goals. “I’m one of those players who get more Goals than Assists. I have been working harder so I can score more goals, and I am working on passing so I can help my teammates.”

Crimson was the 9th overall pick, a second rounder, and he was Riga’s third pick, behind Leph Twinger and Dylan Nguyen. He was drafted in the Season 62 Draft. “I really hope I am worth a 9th overall pick and that I can help out Riga, but who knows, anything can happen. Riga has been awesome though, and I would love to stay here."