Bjoernsson Talks VHLM Draft Destinations

jblock3

Icelandic goaltender Kolur Bjoernsson will be available in the upcoming VHLM Dispersal Draft. There is also an expansion draft coming, but Bjoernsson's status as an undrafted player currently means he can not be taken in the expansion draft as his rights don't belong to a current VHLM team. We reached out to Kolur and asked for a statement about where he'd like to be drafted or if he even has a preference at all. He responded with the following:

"I don't necessarily have a preference about which team drafts me, no. I'll be happy to suit up for any team that will give me a stable starting job, I'm just over being traded. I don't resent the GMs who traded me or the reasons for it, but playing for three different teams and living in three different cities in a single season was both physically and mentally draining for me. That being said, I love the idea of playing for a new expansion team and being the first starting goalie in a franchise's history. All of the new VHLM expansions seem like great teams to play for and I could definitely see myself playing for any of them. I'd also be more than happy to return to Philadelphia or Las Vegas if they were to decide to try and fit me back into their rosters. All in all, I'm just really excited to get drafted and find a home."