Ryuu Crimson to play in the Olympics

SlapshotWrangler

Even though Ryuu has tried out before, he had never actually played in the Olympics. He was either too busy with the VHL or was just not accepted. He has tried out for both Team Canada and Team Japan before. But now that Ryuu is retired from the Victory Hockey League, he has enough time to play in the Olympics. So he decided to fly over to Japan and try out for their team. His tryout was successful, meaning he will be playing for the The Land of the Rising Sun in the 2022 Olympics. When asked why he didn’t try out for Team Canada, he simply said, “There are probably better players than me who will get picked over me. Besides, despite the fact I’ve lived in Canada for longer, Japan will always be closer to my heart as it’s part of my heritage.” Right now, they know he’ll be a left winger but it has yet to be decided whether he will be in the first line. Regardless, Ryuu says that he doesn’t mind as long as he gets to play for his home country. “Playing for your home country is an honor and to represent them in the Olympics is even more of an honor. As long as I’m playing for Japan, I don’t care what line I play in.”