Akerstrom Struggling

Mason

Akerstrom Struggling

It feels like I'm back here again telling the same story that I have been all season, but there really is no other way to spin things here; Gabriel Akerstrom's playoff campaign so far has been absolutely terrible. Through the first 5 games that the Halifax 21st have played in the postseason this year, he has not been able to put up a single point; for a player who has consistently been marketed as an offensive defenseman this is something that certainly wouldn't be expected and will leave more than a few people disappointed. The 21st have been able to win the first series that they've played, but it's disappointing for Gabriel to not make any sort of tangible contribution. Being drafted with the second overall pick, the team would have had high expectations of what he's able to do and it's certainly not unfair to say that he's struggled to live up to those expectations so far. It's not too late for things to get back on track but based on what we've seen from Gabriel so far this season, it's unlikely that things are going to change that much in the remaining games of the season. We'll see where things go from here, but I think it might be best to forget this season ever happened and simply move on. 

(224 words)

Edited by Mason