Luke Thornton expectations next season

ThePerfectNut

I have been training hard this off-season to perform to the level that I believe I can accomplish in the VHL for the upcoming seasons. I improved from what I was not doing last season and reviewed some footages from my sophomore season. I have some goals in mind that I would love to reach for next season with this very new team.

One of my first goal is to possibly be number 1 in hits. I was in the top 3 in hits last season with 330 hits and I believe that I should be at least top 3 in hits each season from now on. I'm telling myself number 1 this season because I'm the only player on the team who is going to be physical so I expect to have possibly more than 330 hits since Jubis retired and General Zod might leave in free agency. If not number 1, being in the top 3 is more than enough and it would be cool to reach 350 hits somehow.

My second goal is to found back my scoring touch that I lost last season. I had 31 goals in my sophomore season and I think I'm in a position now to have a 30+ goal type of season if my training paid off. I'm also hoping that my shooting percentage can be a lot better from it. 

My third goal is to be a point per game player again. If I'm lucky, maybe becoming a top 12 player in the league. There is a lot of major players retiring from the top 20 and I think it's the year that I can take a step forward since I'm a powerforward playmaker that can score goals and defend. I think all of that combined will give me the chance to become onee of the best.

Lastly, I'm not expecting to win a cup in this rebuilding type of year, but making the playoff again would be cool since I didn't miss a single playoff run since the VHLM. I also want to prove that I'm not a playoff choker anymore since being in the VHL.

Go wranglers Go