Zod's second half struggles

Matt_O

The second half of the season is about to begin, and Zod is currently sitting top 5 in defenseman points and assists. This is perhaps the best start to a season he has ever had, but I don't have my hopes up. Every year, I feel like it's the same story. Zod is on the leaderboard for defenseman points, maybe even assists too. He always is sitting at or slightly above a point per game status, with a couple goals and a whole lot of assists. Then, inexplicably, Zod plays absolutely terrible. He will go on a 20 game stretch with 5 points. It happens every season. Last year it happened, I was at 40 points in about 40 games and then over the next 20 games I had maybe 10 points, but probably less. This year Zod is playing really well, but I have a feeling he is going to fall off, just like he does every season. I should have added this to the things I hate about the VHL, the fact that it's rigged against my players. They see that Zod is doing well, and then all of these fake points start coming in for other defenseman and Zod can't keep up. It is truly a shame.

So far, Zod has continued to excel. Will it continue into the second half of the season? It's only happened once so far, so I doubt it. With Riga right on the playoff bubble, a poor end of season performance by Zod could be very costly.

256 words