Takala's Stance on the Stress of Playing Pro Hockey

MOOSE_

Matti Takala has been a slow riser in the Season 78 draft, climbing his way up the ranks and with offers from teams beginning to roll in, some wonder how the 18 year old handles his hockey career and essentially still being a kid. A lot of social media users question the lengths that athletes will meet to ensure their goals are met.

“is it really ok for a [sic] 18 y/o to be put under that much stress?? when i was 18 i could hardly handle studying for my atar, let alone pro sports. it's no wonder that takala isn't faring so well. he's probably working out of his mind!!” said Twitter user @vhlfromoz.

When asking the Philadelphia Reapers RW, he had this to say; “Hockey at this level is very hard. It’s not for everybody, there’s a reason that only select people make it to a higher level. I train daily and put in efforts that some people just cannot. I love it though, and I will do it until I reach the spotlight of the VHL. Everybody deals with things differently, it is human to do that. I play for those who know they cannot. I love the work I do and would not trade it for anything, but I applaud those who traded skates for other work. They are braver than I am."

Takala is known to be hardy in nature and very dedicated to being a player who excels in his position and play style. He has previously stated his wishes to be one of the league’s brightest stars. His hard work is paying off, with him having 13 goals and 26 points in 45 VHLM games played. Takala’s career will be an interesting one, with no doubt that his level of play will only fly higher in the nearing future.

Edited by MOOSE_