Newhook talks about the season, the potential of retirement

In an interview with a leading VHL/M news source, aptly titled VHL/M News, or VHL/MN for short, Newhook talked about the potential of retiring sometime during the next season, his performance and team performance, and looking forward on the Menace. 

image.png.e018e0e4733dd7bfc3a3ca75f327a49f.png

TVN: Today we have an interview with Cole Newhook, a veteran center on the Moscow Menace, welcome Mr. Newhook!

Newhook: It's a pleasure to be here. And please, just Cole.

TVN: So, how does it feel to miss the playoffs for the first time in the VHL?

Newhook: I mean, it's obviously a bummer, but there's nothing we can do about it. We knew we were heading into a rebuild, so it's not much of a surprise, after selling off a bunch of our star guys for picks. 

TVN: So, we have heard you have been thinking about retiring during next year. Are these rumors that have been circulating true? You could still play a few more seasons after.

N: Well, i don't honestly know yet. I've had a lot of fun in the VHL, but the pressure and stress is starting to get to me. I am guessing that I am going to retire at the trade deadline, and provide some mentorship to whoever my recruitment agency recruits next.

TVN: So, if you plan on retiring, how do you feel about your career thus far?

N: I mean, I haven't been a star by any means, but I think I've had a pretty solid career, consistent at the least, haha. 

TVN: Newhook had 45 points, 42 points, 48 points, and another 45 point season. How do you feel about the Menace's future?

N: I think we have an amazing future and that this rebuild will not last long, because we have 2 of the top 4 picks in this draft. 

TVN: Thank you for your time, Cole!

N: No problem!! I had a pleasure.

318 words

Edited by GrittyIsKing09