New year

jRuutu

The championship celebrations are barely over, but there is no time to celebrate or rest too long.  It's time to start the preparations for the new season. This upcoming season is the last one I will play in VHL. After s78 is over, I will do something else.

I have now played over 500 games in VHL, and I finally managed to win the championship. When I think about my career, I can be happy. Only a few end up playing for this long. Only a few have a VHL championship, and only a few can decide when they retire.

As some might remember, I scored the most goals in the league last year. Can I do the same? Maybe, unlikely though. I went through the final depreciation hit, and oh boy, it was a solid kick in the face. I lost at least 200 TPE from my build. Goes without saying that such loss does not make anyone better. Still, I believe I can play on a high level. I have over 800 TPE now.

If anything, the lower checking should mean less time in the penalty box as I need to pick my spots better, which could translate to more goals and points, so it all evens out. Maybe.