Toronto won a couple games at least...

Toast

LEGION’S STRUGGLES CONTINUE

Leafs fan releases 'Do Something' parody song - Sportsnet.ca

Are changes on the way? While back in the win column, Toronto finds themselves far back.

Toronto, ON — Another week of struggling in the VHL for the Legion has the rest of the league wondering when the team will begin to make some moves in an attempt to not see the entire season goes to waste.

At the beginning of the season there were expectations that the Legion would be able to be competition for Seattle at the top of the North American conference after the strong second half of the last season and strong showing versus the Bears in the first round of the playoffs. Now though, it seems that the team is experiencing quite a bit of trouble after losing 12 consecutive games despite getting off to a strong start.

Toronto is currently being led by the strong play of SS Hornet who sees success in his play regardless of if he’s on the attack or defending in his own zone. The play of Erik Killinger has been strong defensively as well but the experienced defenseman has been getting his team into a lot of penalty trouble over the season as well. 

Toronto has been struggling to get depth scoring going as well and has continuously tried to flip lines around to get some sort of chemistry going. Asher Reinhart, Phoenix Dawson and Oh Sens are all players who wish their scoring would be better than what it’s currently at with only Reinhart above the 20 point mark in the 35 games played so far for Toronto.

“It’s been incredibly frustrating,” said Dawson following the team’s most recent loss to Riga. “We have been putting in the work to improve our game but it just seems that no matter what we try we can’t get anything to click on the ice. The mood in the locker room is definitely a little off these days but we are going to do whatever we can as individuals to get better on the ice and hopefully have a strong second half to this season like last year year.”

It’s expected that Toronto will be looking to make a move or two at the trade deadline to try to get them back into the picture, but at this point it’s going to take a lot of work for Toronto to climb back up in the standings. The Legion find themselves in second last through the entire league leading only the Wolves so far. After expecting to be competitive the Legion are not dealing with the reality that they have half the points of the league leaders in Seattle.

Keep an eye on Toronto within the coming weeks as changes are sure to come. With Oh Sens set to retire and some extensions to come Toronto will likely continue to shuffle the lines and hope something works while also trying to find a trade partner to get some more offensive power on the team. The second half of this race is going to be interesting for the Legion and hopefully they will be able to figure out what works. 

Edited by Toast

REVIEW: loved the meme joking with leafs fan with his head covered. this was a fun article and i enjoyed it. spacing was good and your writing is good to follow along was easy from point to point. good format. cant wait for more as i enjoyed this one! liked the underline header feel as well 9/10

REVIEW: loved the meme joking with leafs fan with his head covered. this was a fun article and i enjoyed it. spacing was good and your writing is good to follow along was easy from point to point. good format. cant wait for more as i enjoyed this one! liked the underline header feel as well 9/10

1 minute ago, NerdyCowz said:

Are you ok lol