Sigard Petrenko on his first VHLM goal!

LAS VEGAS - Sigard Petrenko was a new acquisition by the Houston Bulls. A winger to add depth to the team. He is doing that job relatively well. Sigard Petrenko currently has 2 goals and 7 assists for 9 points in his first 13 Victory Hockey League Minor games. Something interesting about the first and so far his only goal was that it was in his first game.

It was game 252 of the VHLM season. This game was between the Las Vegas Aces and the Houston Bulls. One of his teammates took a shot which went wide of the net. However, it rebounded off the boards to the young Russian winger, who shot it in.

“I was hyped. Scoring that goal felt good. Obviously, I kind of wanna try scoring more now but I’m fine with assists. As long as the puck is in the net, I’m fine. But yeah, that first goal was great. Hopefully I can score some more.”

When asked to what he thinks the secret of scoring is, he simply shrugged. "I mean, take more shots. Shoot puck, score goal. As simple as that. Can't really say there is an exact science to it; you can score different goals in different ways. Just try to get the puck in the net and you should be set. Then again, I'm not an expert goal scorer so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this question."

Edited by SlapshotDragon