The next chapter for Alex Johnston

Alex

During the past two seasons Alex Johnston has left his mark on the VHLM starting out as a waiver signing with the Yukon rush, Johnston would go onto be selected first overall in the S78 VHLM draft by the Philadelphia Reapers where he would have a phenomenal season scoring 59 goals and a total of 118 points. During his VHLM career Johnston played a total of 124 games (52 with Yukon) and scored a total of 83 goals, and 85 assists for a total of 168 points. Johnston's growth has been impressive as well currently at 353 TPE, he is the 7th highest from the S77 draft class and has the most TPE out of everyone in the entire VHLM. Next season Johnston will be making the jump to the VHL with the Calgary Wranglers who selected him 8th overall in the S78 VHL draft. 

When asked about his VHL(M) career so far Johnston had this to say:

"I have really enjoyed my time in the VHLM with both Philadelphia and Yukon, I am happy that I did get the chance to play some playoff hockey this season all though it did not end the way I wanted. Going forward my focus is on being the best player I can be and making Calgary better as a whole."

After some pause, Johnston added:

"I want to prove everyone wrong who skipped over me in the VHL draft, I'm hoping to improve as much as possible in the coming weeks so I can be in prime shape for when I make my VHL debut in S79 and hopefully be an impact player at the VHL level."