Interview with ECN : Marshall James Frostbeard

FQa0tQb.jpg

It is his 6th season in VHL and it is clearly evident that Marshall is slowly starting to being more of a depth player rather then a centre piece of a defensive core. MJF had a really good run as a defenseman for Malmo after Condor Adrienne retired but that slowly turned sour as Malmo went into a rebuild and his role was not really needed. After moving to Seattle and playing for a team his family member John Frostbeard won 2 Continental cups with it felt like a breath of fresh air. For one season Marshall looked like he has a chance to be the guy on the defensive end and help his team in crucial moments. Now, S78 showed that even though Marshall still has a great shot and the ability to be a quality shot blocker, his role is diminishing and with this progress we might be looking at his slow demise. 

ECN asked Mr. Frostbeard few questions about his future career:

-Tell us Marshall, do you think you still have what it takes to be a true Top 2 defenseman? 
-To be honest, I am not sure, I believe I am capable and willing to put in extra work to be that but right now it does seem to be leading away from that quite rapidly. I see myself contributing to any cup thirsty team and being on Seattle just fuels my willingness to be that older leader on ice. I am sure that I could still be a Top 4 defenseman on any of the VHL teams. 

-Do you think your goalscoring ability will be an important feat going forward?

-I believe it gives me that chance to be a flexible player and be a quality performer on Powerplay. I think that I won't lose that even in the last 2 seasons of my career. I do want to work on my puck handling skills more as that will be extremely important for me going forward, puck handling gives defencemen a chance to stay as relevant as possible in the latter part of their career.
-As a 2 continental cup champion, do you think that adds to your value to the team?

-I believe it gives me a chance to be more calm in those tight moments as I have been there before and I know how to handle my teammates and calm them down. In any case, the most important thing for the team is to focus on the game, not on the goal! 

It will be interesting to see how Marshall will perform in his 3rd Continental cup Finals appearance. Marshall was still playing Forward with Malmo and did quite well throughout playoffs and finished with 21 points in 19 games played. For his S77 Campaign with Seattle as a defenseman he was able to get 17 points in 15 games played even though it felt like his game was already starting to slow down. Currently, Marshall sits with 6 points in 11 games played and without high performance against Warsaw, he might be looking at below 0.5 points per game these playoffs. 

In the end, for Marshall these next 2 seasons will show how much of an impact has he actually had on the game and on the teams he has played for. 

+1 for the pic. Grammarly fine, love the use of italic and highlighted questions from the questionnaire

But the one thing that bums me here is that you use a line before question and an answer, theyre both useless. Cut them out for your next one and you will have even better one

7/10