Raihan Heavems rookie experience

RstortonYT

So far through my rookie season, my impact hasn't been too large, only putting up 6 points in 26 games as an offensive minded player. Coming off a breakout season in the VHLM with the Minnesota Storm, I knew the transition would be difficult. I figured being with Davos, a team coming out of a rebuild would help my development. But then, I was shocked to find out that I had been traded as part of the deal that sent Patrik Laine to Davos. Considering this is my first player as well as my first time being traded, it was difficult to process at first. I know that I am not going to be a hall of fame player with the rate I am earning. I'm still new to this so it's fine to me. But despite that, I still want to be the best player I can be. It's a difficult adjustment going from a dominant VHLM team to a rebuilding and struggling team in the big show. I think it's good for me to be a part of a growing team. We have a lot of draft picks in this coming draft and I am optimistic about the future of this hockey club. Will I be a part of it? I don't know. I sure as hell hope so though. This is my first player in the VHL and it definitely won't be my last. Coming up and immediately being part of a rebuild is absolutely the best thing that could've happened for my development. It really tests your dedication to improvement and how badly you want to be the best player you can be. I like the group of guys we have on the team. I trust the higher-ups in the organization to make the right acquisitions and I really do think this team can contend during the prime of my career. Being a rookie is tough no matter what. Being a rookie on your first player is a whole nother beast. But I think having three season (two full ones) in the VHLM was good preparation for me. I learnt the basics on earning tpe as well as playing some good hockey for both the Ottawa Lynx and the Minnesota Storm. I loved playing in both those cities and I love playing in Helsinki. Do I wish our on ice results were better? Yes absolutely, nobody wants to be playing for a losing hockey club. But there's nowhere else I'd rather develop.

Edited by RstortonYT
wrong word

• RstortonYT changed the title to Raihan Heavems rookie experience