They tried to make me go to Vasteras, but I said no, no, no

jRuutu

Vasteras-Swed.jpg

The VHLE Draft is coming soon. Who picks and when is decided by a tournament, all the VHLE teams will take part. The teams were randomly assigned players from all over the world. I was one of those players. I got assigned to Vasteras for the tournament.

When I first heard about playing in Vasteras, I was not sure what to think. I know that Vasteras is a team with a lot of history, but I was not alive in the 1700s or whenever the team was at the top of their game.  I'm sure the fans of Vasteras are looking forward to seeing their team in action again. The atmosphere in the games will be exciting. However, from my perspective, playing in a short tournament is a huge risk. What if I get injured? I'm not 100% sure if I will play in VHLE next season, so in that sense, I have to seriously consider what is the best for me as a player.

Whether I play in VHLE next year or not doesn't matter right now. I tried to use the VHLE as a way to increase my salary. If it looks like I'm leaving Seattle for VHLE, the Seattle Bears could offer me money, so I would stay. That is a nice-sounding plan, right? Unfortunately, my agent informed me that I'm already signed for two more years. The only way I could get more money is if I somehow manage to get my contract terminated by Seattle. I asked the management of Seattle if they would do that, but they were not interested.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_6M8i8nuVvW0IRbADZik

The VHL playoffs are coming. The VHLE draft tournament comes at some point in the future, so I'm not going to worry about that right now. Seattle Bears will play in the upcoming playoffs. Everybody in the team is fully focused on the playoffs, me included. This is the first time I will play in the VHL playoffs. The older guys on the team have been giving me tips and information on what the game is like in the VHL playoffs. They said it's almost like a different game with every player finishing their checks. Even the players you would not normally expect to throw their body around might do so in the playoffs. According to the veterans in Seattle, the most important thing is to avoid making silly mistakes. Every goal is huge. Every mistake can be huge.

At first, I did not want to listen to the older players. Let's face it - they are old as fuck. The game of hockey is not the same as 30 years ago when they were rookies. I was confident that I'm able to handle whatever the VHL playoffs will throw my way, but when the management heard me say that - they instructed me to listen, or I would be benched. I listened, and I think the points the older guys are making are fair. I need to keep it simple and keep my head up.

I'm excited about the playoffs, it's going to be interesting to see how playoff hockey differs from regular season hockey.